General Teaching Assistant 1:1 (Grade C) 18 hours per week (3 days), term time only. 12-month Fixed Term Contract with possibility of extension.
Hours of work 8:45 to 15:15 with half an hour for lunch, Wednesday to Friday.
Start date: September 2021
Join us in our inspiring and OFSTED rated “Good” (July 2019) school as an exciting opportunity has arisen for an outstanding GTA to join us as part of our team. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, energetic and inspirational practitioner with a proven track record of securing high standards. They will have a passion for learning and a good understanding of how to support the pupils’ developing independence. The successful candidate must be confident in working across the school, although the role will initially be within our EYFS class. The majority of the role will incorporate time working 1:1 with a pupil, together with some time working alongside the class teacher as the class TA.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a “can do” attitude with high aspirations of themselves, our children and staff, including their own CPD
- Be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Have a good understanding of children’s learning and be able to secure rapid and sustained progress through teaching interventions
- Have an empathetic understanding of children’s emotions and learning behaviours and actively seek to remove barriers to learning
- Be proactive, energetic and flexible
- Be fully committed to the ethos of the school
- Support the change process and remain open to new ideas
- Experience using Makaton is desirable but not essential.
Langton School is proud to offer:
- Polite, friendly children with a love of learning
- Strong, friendly, positive and inspiring team
- Enthusiastic and supportive parents and governors
- Opportunities to learn from highly skilled practitioners
- The challenge of working within a school that is committed to achieving strong progress for all our pupils, irrespective of their starting points
- An exciting, positive ethos where we celebrate success at all levels
Please download the application pack below and return the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date – 9.00am on Wednesday 19th May 2021. Candidates invited for interview will be informed by email on Friday 21st May. Interviews to be held on Tuesday 25th May on the school site, following social distancing guidelines. Should you have not heard by Friday 21st May, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Enhanced Level DBS Disclosure is required for appointment to this post.
NYCC are committed to directly recruiting staff and will not accept applications nor services from agency suppliers in respect of our vacancies.
We are committed to meeting the needs of our diverse community and aim to have a workforce reflecting this diversity. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.