Higher Level Teaching Assistant (Grade F) 19.5 hours per week, term time only.
Hours of work 8:30 to 15:30 with half an hour for lunch, Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Some flexibility will be an advantage as there is the possibility that hours could increase in the future. Start date: February 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Join us in our inspiring and OFSTED rated “Good” (July 2019) school as an exciting opportunity has arisen for an outstanding HLTA to join us as part of our team. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, energetic and inspirational practitioner with a proven track record of securing high standards. They will have a passion for learning and a good understanding of how to support the pupils’ developing independence.
The successful candidate must be confident in working across the school, from EYFS to Year 6. They should be proactive, enthusiastic and flexible. They need to have high expectations for all groups of children and good levels of literacy and numeracy. Key responsibilities will be leading interventions, working on a one to one basis with specific children and the covering of classes if required. An enthusiasm for music will be an advantage but is not essential
The successful candidate will:
• Have a “can do” attitude with high aspirations of themselves, our children and staff, including their own CPD
• Be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills
• Have a good understanding of children’s learning and be able to secure rapid and sustained progress through teaching interventions
• Have an empathetic understanding of children’s emotions and learning behaviours and actively seek to remove barriers to learning
• Be proactive, energetic and flexible
• Be fully committed to the ethos of the school
• Support the change process and remain open to new ideas
Langton School is proud to offer:
• Polite, friendly children with a love of learning
• Strong, friendly, positive and inspiring team
• Enthusiastic and supportive parents and governors
• Opportunities to learn from highly skilled practitioners
• The challenge of working within a school that is committed to achieving strong progress for all our pupils, irrespective of their starting points
• An exciting, positive ethos where we celebrate success at all levels
Please download the application pack from the school website www.langton.n-yorks.sch.uk and return this to email@example.com by the closing date - 12.00 noon on Monday 20th January 2020. Candidates invited for interview will be informed by email by the morning of Friday 24th January. Interviews to be held on week commencing Monday 27th January. Should you have not heard by Friday 24th January, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Enhanced Level DBS Disclosure is required for appointment to this post.
NYCC are committed to directly recruiting staff and will not accept applications nor services from agency suppliers in respect of our vacancies.
We are committed to meeting the needs of our diverse community and aim to have a workforce reflecting this diversity. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.